BV HERE

Saturday 19 August 2017

Breathing My Path To Yoga

I’ve started reading on yoga and learning it back in the 1990’s; when I was in high school. It wasn’t much of a thing yet, that time. It was difficult to look for any centers or organizations teaching or doing yoga in the Philippines then. Now, there are a lot.

I’ve sort of self-taught. Hence, I did away with difficult asana which I felt I could not do alone. And the most helpful thing I’ve learned is breathing as relaxation and clearing.

Why Breathing is Essential:

Deep controlled breathing is nature’s tranquilizer and rejuvenator.

1.       By slowing down the rate of respiration, it reduces strain in the heart.

2.       The stimulating action improves metabolism, transforming deposits of fat into body fuel.

3.       The lungs get well exercised; hence, increases the resistance to ailments.

4.       Sufficient oxygen in the body wards off fatigue and heaviness.

5.       Deep breathing increases the supply of oxygen in our bloodstream.

                a. It brings in oxygen to our muscles, joints and body organs. (This process increases the ability of the muscles to respond and raises the level of energy.)

                b. Our brain get’s more oxygen too. (This gives our minds clearer and better ability to respond more efficiently.)

Most breathing exercises in yoga are done through the nose with our mouths close. This is because our nose serves as a vacuum cleaner which sweeps in the air particles or dusts and bacteria. If we breathe as nature intended and that is by expanding our lungs to full capacity, we can revitalize our energy, calm our nerves, induce good sleep and live longer.

I will share some basic breathing exercises you can do to calm yourself soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment