BV HERE

Friday 4 August 2017

Adventures on Backyard Farming

My mom was weeding the garden when I walked in. She wasn't only weeding weeds! She was plucking some plants which have grown as excess. I tried to salvage some. It was just too much of a waste.

Then, she happily said she had dragon fruit. Then she pointed to an almost dead-looking cactus sprawling under the big cycas/sago palm. 

I told her it's a cactus; and it needed better sun. She plucked it out and told me to plant it if I want.



It was dreadful to look at it. It was thin and lifeless-looking! I decided to cut it down and make cacti cuttings before putting it to the ground.



Planted it by a plant bed on the driveway. It's not the proper place to grow my fruit. But it will be a good bed for it while it recovers. I am looking forward to having lively horizontal sprawling dragon fruit tree eventually. Just like the ones I see browsing on the net. And from my estrange husband's aunt.



For now, let it be just these.

No comments:

Post a Comment